Feeding different types of birds:
- Granivores (parrots, pigeons, doves, etc)
- Insectivores (magpies, swallows, etc)
- Lorikeets (rainbow, purple crown, musk, etc)
- Nectivores (honeyeaters, noisy miners, wattlebirds, etc)
- Raptors (eagles, owls, falcons, etc)
- Water birds
(swans, ducks, pelicans, seagulls, etc)
Rescue and care:
Baby Bird Season:
Read our Baby Bird Season flyer to find out what to do (PDF)
Every Spring, thousands of birds are needlessly rscued by well-meaning membrs of the public.
It is normal for feathered baby birds to be seen on the ground, as fledglings learn to fly from the ground, not from their nest.
Different breeds of birds seemed to be prevalent at different times, but mostly from about September until December.